SUPPORT CATEGORY AWARDS ARE PRESENTED TO INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS WHO ARE AN INTEGRAL PART OF CRAFTING AN IMAGE.
BOOK PUBLISHER OF THE YEAR
- 21st Editions for The Everywhere Chronicles by Jamie Baldridge-WINNER!
- Aperture for On The Beach by Richard Misrach
- Chronicle Books for Photopoetry by Manuel Alvarez Bravo
- Nazraeli Press for Habitat 7 by Jeff Chien-Hsing Liao
- powerHouse Books for Helen Levitt by Helen Levitt
- Steidl & The Robert Frank Project for The Americans by Robert Frank
Curator/Exhibition of the Year
- Vanity Fair Portraits 1913 – 2008, curated by Terence Peper of the National Portrait Gallery (London) and David Friend of Vanity Fair-WINNER!
- Josef Koudelka Invastion 68: Prague, curated by Melissa Harris at Aperture Gallery, New York
- Cornell Capa: Concerned Photographer, curated by Brian Wallis and Cynthia Young at International Center for Photography, New York
- Bernd and Hilla Becher: Basic Forms, curated by Virginia Heckert at Getty Center, Los Angeles
- Lee Friedlander: A Ramble in Olmstead Parks, curated by Jeff L. Rosenheim at Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
Fashion Layout of the Year
- Harper’s Bazaar, “Fairy Tales” by Jean-Paul Goude-WINNER!
- Harper’s Bazaar, “On your Marc, Get Set, Wait” by Peter Lindbergh
- V Magazine, “Gisele in the Flesh” by Mario Testino
- Vogue US, “Wanderlust” by Mario Testino
- W, “Emoticon” by Craig McDean
- W, “Social Studies Featuring Tilda Swinton” by Juergen Teller
Photography Magazine of the Year
- American Photo
- Blind Spot
- Nueva Luz Photographic Journal
- Photo District News
Print Advertising Campaign of the Year
- 180 Amsterdam and TBWA\Chiat\Day China for Adidas. Entitled Impossible is Nothing (Beijing Olympics), photographed by Mark Zibert-WINNER!
- Ogilvy & Mather for Louis Vuitton. Entitled Journeys, photographed by Annie Leibovitz
- 180 Amsterday for Adidas. Entitled Originals, photographed by Nadav Kander
- Ogilvy & Mather Mexico for Mattel. Entitled Scrabble, photographed by Vincent Dixon
- Client + Campaign for Marc Jacobs. Photographed by Juergen Teller
Picture Editor of the Year
- Michele McNally: Position, New York Times-WINNER!
- Simon Barnett: Director of Photography, Newsweek
- Steve Fine: Director of Photography, Sports Illustrated
- Alice Gabriner: Chief Picture Editor, Time Magazine
- Chiara Mariani: Photo Editor, Corriere della Serra
2008 IPA Finalists
View all the IPA winners here
The International Photography Awards (IPA) competition, a sister effort of the Lucie Foundation announces it finalists in advance of the Lucie Awards. They were selected by an international jury panel of photography professionals. Four of the 28 finalists will be named Photographer of the Year, Discovery of the Year, and Deeper Perspective Photographer of the Year and Moving Image Photographer of the Year at the Lucie Awards ceremony on Sunday, October 27, 2013.
INTERNATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
sponsored by Pilsner Urquell
- Brent Stirton-WINNER!
- Advertising Category: Mark Holthusen
- Architecture Category: Livia Corona
- Book Category: Paolo Pellegrin
- Editorial Category: Brent Stirton
- Fine Art Category: Oleg Dou
- Nature Category: David Burdeny
- People Category: Nadav Kander
- Special Category: Nick Veasey
DISCOVERY OF THE YEAR
sponsored by ATEDGE
- John Delaney-WINNER!
- Advertising Category: Benny Haryanto
- Architecture Category: Marcin Stawiarz
- Editorial Category: John Delaney
- Fine Art Category: Faisal Almalki
- Nature Category: Weronika Gesicka
- People Category: Lung Liu
- Special Category: Rachel Blaser
DEEPER PERSPECTIVE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
sponsored by Pilsner Urquell
- Justin Maxon-WINNER!
- Jimmy Williams
- Brent Stirton
- Malcolm Gilbert
- Claire Martin
- Henrieta Haniskova
Click here to view winning work from the 2008 IPA competition