SUPPORT CATEGORY AWARDS ARE PRESENTED TO INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS WHO ARE AN INTEGRAL PART OF CRAFTING AN IMAGE.
BOOK PUBLISHER OF THE YEAR
- Verso Limited Editions for Central Park by Bruce Davidson-WINNER!
- Phaidon for Memories of Myself by Danny Lyon
- Kodansha Company Ltd. for This Day of Change by 132 Photographers from
- 79 countries, in concert with Courrier Japon
- 21st Editions for The Journal of Joel-Peter Witkin: The Maxims of Men
- Disclose Their Hearts. Morel Books for Moonmilk by Ryan McGinley
- Steidl for Marc Jacobs Advertising 1998-2009 by Juergen Teller
Curator/Exhibition of the Year
- Looking In: Robert Frank’s The Americans, curated by Sarah Greenough at the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.-WINNER!
- Irving Penn: Small Trades, Getty Center, Los Angeles
- Richard Avedon: Portraits of Power, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Into the Sunset: Photography’s Image of the American West, Museum of Modern Art, New York
- Helen Levitt 1913 – 2009, A Memorial Tribute, Laurence Miller Gallery, New York
- Gay Icons, selected by Waheed Alli, Alan Hollinghurst, Elton John, Jackie Kay, Billie Jean King, Ian
- McKellen, Chris Smith, Ben Summersmil, Sandi Toksvig, and Sarah Waters, National Portrait Gallery, London
Fashion Layout of the Year
- Harper’s Bazaar, “Thriller Fashion” by Terry Richardson, Fall 2009-WINNER!
- W Magazine, “Paperbag Princess” by Craig McDean, September 2009
- Harper’s Bazaar, “Supermodels, Supernatural” by Peter Lindbergh, September 2009
- Vogue Germany, “Femme Fatale” by Patrick Demarchelier, August 2009
- Vogue Italia, “Performance” by Steven Meisel, September 2009
- V Magazine, “Live from New York” by Mario Sorrenti, Fall 2009
Photography Magazine of the Year
- C International Photography Magazine
- Foam International Photography Magazine
- GUP (Guide to Unique Photography) Magazine
- Nueva Luz Photographic Journal
Print Advertising Campaign of the Year
- FFL France for Wrangler. Entitled We Are Animals, photographed by Ryan McGinley-WINNER!
- CLM BBDO France for Pepsi. Entitled Exchange, photographed by Vincent Dixon
- Droga5 USA for Puma. Entitled L.I.F.T., photographed by Nadav Kander
- GSD&M’s Idea City USA for BMW. Entitled Mad Men, photographed by Anton Watts
- 180 Amsterdam / TBWA Amsterdam for Adidas. Entitled Air-Cooled Training, photographed by Carlos Serrao
Picture Editor of the Year
- Steve Fine: Director of Photography, Sports Illustrated – WINNER
- Dora Somosi: Director of Photography, GQ
- David Griffin: Director of Photography, National Geographic
- Kathy Ryan: Directory of Photography, New York Times Magazine
- Alan Taylor: Online Photo Editor, Boston.com / TheBigPicture
2009 IPA Finalists
View all the IPA winners here
The International Photography Awards (IPA) competition, a sister effort of the Lucie Foundation announces it finalists in advance of the Lucie Awards. They were selected by an international jury panel of photography professionals. Four of the 28 finalists will be named Photographer of the Year, Discovery of the Year, and Deeper Perspective Photographer of the Year and Moving Image Photographer of the Year at the Lucie Awards ceremony on Sunday, October 27, 2013.
INTERNATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
sponsored by ATEDGE
- Nadav Kander-WINNER!
- Advertising Category: Andreas Smetana
- Architecture Category: Michael Schnabel
- Book Category: Achim Lippoth
- Editorial Category: Nadav Kander
- Fine Art Category: Francois Robert
- Nature Category: Kacper Kowalski
- People Category: Céline Clanet
- Special Category: Sue Flood
DISCOVERY OF THE YEAR
- Elliott Wilcox-WINNER!
- Advertising Category: Rus Anson
- Architecture Category: Thomas Wissmann
- Editorial Category: Andy Spyra
- Fine Art Category: Elliott Wilcox
- Nature Category: James Knight-Smith
- People Category: Alain Paris
- Special Category: Alan Kupchick
DEEPER PERSPECTIVE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
sponsored by Blurb
- Rachel Papo-WINNER!
- Christian Vium
- Yann Gross
- Lamia Abillama
- Alberto Lizaralde
- Eugenia Maximova